Customer Support Manager for Virtual SaaS Company
Do you have the experience to lead and grow a customer service team renowned for its support? Can you work from home, but successfully manage a unified, motivated, and accountable service team?
Work with a virtual, 10+ year software-as-a-service company selling an established sales acceleration product to SMB’s throughout the USA & Canada. Our entrepreneurial, fun, family-run business has a fantastic work environment, and consists of over 40 people working remotely across the country. We’re looking for a work-at-home Customer Support Manager to manage and build upon our dedicated 8-person customer support team.
The successful candidate will be reliable, organized and a honest professional with experience and maturity to:
- Dramatically increase retention and usage of our product by providing fast, effective, friendly and helpful customer support
- Manage, grow, and develop a best-in-class, customer support team
- Become an expert on our product to help train and support our CS team
- Monitor all Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer emails/calls are answered within a set time period
- Lead our entire CS team and jump in and provide direct customer help when needed
- Own, operate and optimize support tools and processes—this includes rules, automations, knowledge base, and feedback collection
- Utilize our dashboards and Zendesk system to actively support our customers
- Cooperate with our sales, onboarding and success teams to support customers at all phases of their relationship with us
- Establish relationships with our customers with a positive, caring attitude and a smile (most of our customers are SMB sales teams – direct experience working with these types of customers is a big plus, but not required)
You need to be:
- A people-person who genuinely loves helping others - our customers and CS team alike
- Extraordinarily detail-oriented – a note-taker, a list-maker, always organized
- A data-centric person who appreciates reports and likes making data-driven decisions
- Someone who appreciates using tools, processes and working from dashboards
- Someone who enjoys working from home and is comfortable managing a remote team
- An excellent wordsmith who can quickly and professionally address questions and requests
- A prompt person who respects others time and is comfortable having and meeting deadlines
- Someone who is comfortable with technology and learning new software – you should be an expert using Zendesk, G-Suite and CRM systems
- Able to discuss technically detailed processes and integrations with customers who are both tech-savvy and non-technical
- Ability to handle escalated customer issues directly with customers
- Very comfortable on video chat (we use Zoom) and be open to using and recording video for internal and customer use
- Self-motivated to work diligently at home and inspire the CS team to do the same
- A “can do” customer-focused individual who makes customer problems your problems
Some additional goals:
- Ensure we are creating a world-class customer support team
- With the support of our lead engineer and training manager, help create a great training program for the customer support team – both initial training and ongoing training
- Regularly ‘spot-check’ calls, emails and chats to ensure top level service
- Monitor metrics to ensure quick response times
- Coordinate and manage team schedules and coverage with the help of our administrator
- Review standardized performance metrics to provide guidance and feedback for continued growth and improvement in employees
- Empower the team to develop internal and customer-facing documentation and knowledge base articles to help improve standards of support
(please don't apply if you don't meet all required skills)
- Proven ability to hire, build and manage an amazing customer support team
- Self-starter — ready to take responsibility and see tasks through to completion
- Highly organized in working quickly and dealing with a lot of internal and external input
- Able to type at least 50 wpm as this is a fast-paced position
- Impeccable writing skills and very personable on the phone and on video
- An "expert browser user" and skilled with navigating the web and finding information quickly
- Self-motivated learner able to easily learn from watching online training videos
- The ability to create organized systems for the team to follow
- Ability to work with discretion and confidentiality
Other important 'nice-to-have' qualities:
- You’ve built a CS team before and might even have a few CS team members in mind as future hires
- Intercom experience a plus
- Familiar with call center metrics, reporting, and standards a plus
- Knowledge Base experience a plus
- You have experience working in sales or with sales professionals
- Entertaining personality who likes to get a lot done while having fun
- A technological proficiency and love for technology as we are selling software
- Enthusiastic, reliable and self-sufficient
- College degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience
Your work location will be your home office 98% of the time. Possible offsite and training in San Diego and Orange County, CA
This position offers some flexibility for stay-at-home moms or dads who need a flexible schedule working from home, something intellectually challenging, and a great way to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We will perform a complete background check and will call multiple references you provide, including previous employers.
This is a full-time position and pay is from $40-75k. Starting pay will depend on your experience and expertise in the specific skill sets cited above.
To manage our Customer Support department
Position Reports To:
Vice President of Customer Success
You must have your own FAST computer (new Mac preferred but not required, SSD drive highly recommended), reliable high-speed Internet access, a quiet office, high-quality headset, HD webcam and a mobile phone.
Benefits you can expect as an employee:
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Funds available for professional development
- A generous charity matching program
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
Please respond on this website or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this subject line: Customer Support Manager - Application XX-XX-2018
(please change to the date you apply)
Please include a 1-page cover letter as to why you think you would be a good fit in PDF format, and also a separate copy of your resume, also in PDF format.
Thank you for your time and interest!