Customer Success Specialist for Virtual SaaS Company
An opportunity to work with a virtual software-as-a-service company making a difference in the lives of our customers. PhoneBurner has been in business for over 10 years selling an established sales acceleration product to SMB’s throughout the USA & Canada. We have an amazing work atmosphere and count over 40 members of our virtual team country-wide. We are a boot-strapped, growing and successful, family-owned company.
We are looking for a reliable, organized and honest work-from-home CSM with experience, intelligence and maturity to:
- Actively reach out and build relationships with our 1000’s of current customers
- Provide superior customer service on a daily basis and ensure usage of our service
- Utilize our dashboards to proactively find low-usage customers and turn their accounts around before they cancel
- Dramatically help us increase our retention and usage rate across all of our customers, with a priority on team accounts
- Really get to know and appreciate our customers (most of our customers are SMB sales teams – direct experience working with these types of customers is a big plus, but not required) with a positive, caring attitude and a smile
You need to be:
- A salesperson at heart who genuinely loves helping others… this position is really all about ‘re-selling’ our current customers to stay with us and grow their install base
- Extraordinarily detail oriented – you’re someone who keeps lists, notes and is always organized
- Someone who appreciates using tools, processes and working from dashboards
- Someone who enjoys working from home and is comfortable making a large number of outbound calls to existing customers with a SMILE
- A person who enjoys checking in, touching base with customers and directing them to our internal resources as needed (scheduling technical calls, onboarding calls, sales demos, etc.)
- An excellent email crafter and someone who responds quickly to email from customers and internal team members
- Someone who is comfortable with technology and learning new software – you don’t need to be a technical expert, but you should be comfortable using apps like G-Suite, Gmail, Dropbox, CRM’s, etc.
- You should be comfortable on video chat (we use Zoom) and be open to recording video emails for our customers
- Someone who is comfortable working virtually as a 1099 contractor and is self-motivated to work hard and provide excellent service in a home office environment
Beyond increasing usage and reducing customer churn, your other goals will be to:
- Help expand and add seats to accounts and dig up new opportunities
- Encourage and help customers get in the habit of using our service
- Grow feature adoption and offer encouragement to use more features
- Sign-up and discuss our affiliate program when appropriate
- Obtain more referrals
- Move customers up on the chain of usage
- Regularly reach-outs to all current teams (90-180 days) with calls, emails, webinars, etc.
Required Skills: (please don't apply if you don't meet all required skills)
- Familiarity with managing email accounts and calendars (on Google Apps)
- Exposure with CRM systems like Salesforce/Hubspot/Zoho
- Self-starter — ready to take responsibility and see tasks through to completion
- You need to be highly organized in dealing with a lot of customers, emails, etc.
- You must be able to learn new software quickly, you must be proficient and, ideally, an expert at Microsoft Office & Google Apps
- You must be able to type at least 50 wpm as this is a face-paced position
- Need to have impeccable writing skills and be very personable on the phone and on video in front of customers
- You need to be an "expert browser user" and know how to navigate the web and find information quickly
- You should be a self-motivated learner and able to easily learn from watching online training videos
- You should be system-friendly and be someone who thrives on using organized systems
- Need to be able to handle everything with discretion and confidentiality
- Customer service experience is a must. You will be dealing with end-user customers, internal team members and partners. Ideally, you are an organized people person!
Other important 'nice-to-have' qualities:
- Entertaining personality who likes to get a lot done while having fun
- A technological proficiency and love for technology as we are selling software
- Enthusiastic, reliable and self-sufficient
Your work location will be your home office 98% of the time. Possible offsite and training in San Diego and Orange County, CA
This job offers some flexibility for stay-at-home moms or dads who need a flexible schedule working from home, something intellectually challenging, and a great way to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We will perform a complete background check and will call multiple references you provide, including previous employers.
This is a full-time, 1099 contract position and pay is from $24-30.00/hr. Starting pay will depend on your experience and expertise in the specific skill sets cited above.
To support and ensure our customers’ success using our service
Position Reports To:
Vice President of Customer Success