To have consistent sales success, you need the right attitude and mindset.
…But even the best salespeople feel off, unmotivated, or down from time to time.
What to do when that happens?
Reading some inspirational sales quotes is a good start!
Your next sale can be right around the corner, if you just pick your head up and keep plowing forward.
There are so many great sales quotes out there… but here are 10 favorites, offering a up a healthy mix of motivation and sales wisdom…
1) “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
Thomas Edison understood the value of persistence perhaps better than anybody, with 1,000 failures before the successful creation of the light bulb.
So, when you feel like your day is hopeless, and it’s impossible to make the sale, remember to try just one more time. Push a little further than your competitors are willing to go.
2) “Don’t sell life insurance. Sell what life insurance can do.” – Ben Feldman
People don’t buy what you sell. People buy what it can do for them. Always keep this in mind, and focus on the benefits of what you offer.
Use stories. Create emotional connections. Speak to your prospects deepest fears and desires. Do that, and you’ll sell… no matter what you happen to be selling.
3) “Nobody likes to be sold to but everybody likes to buy.” – Earl Taylor
We all have the stereotypical image of the sleazy salesman. This is the guy who is extremely “salesy” and only wants to get a buck out of you. Don’t be that guy.
If you’re playing the convincing game you’re on the wrong path. Instead, focus on building relationships and earning your prospects trust. Find out your prospects needs and problems, and position yourself as someone who can truly help solve them. The resistance will melt away.
4) “Every ‘no’ brings you closer to a ‘yes’.” – Mark Cuban
Each “no” is not a failure. It’s a stepping-stone to the next “yes.” We’ve talked about this before in our article about how to reframe cold call rejection and stay confident.
Instead of viewing the call cold outcome as either a “yes” (i.e. conversion/ appointment/ sale), or a “no”, view every call as the possibility of getting closer to a sale, regardless of the result.
5) “Every call matters.” – Grant Cardone
Grant Cardone is one of the best salesmen of our time. He knows how to push through rejection and do whatever it takes.
Don’t get caught up in thinking that sales is purely a numbers game. Bring the energy and enthusiasm on every call and don’t let any opportunities slip through the cracks.
6) “If you want to reach a goal, you must ‘see the reaching’ in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.” – Zig Ziglar
Never underestimate the power of visualization. It’s been proven time end again to work, and it certainly can work for you, too.
Set goals at the beginning of each week, then at the beginning of each day, and spend a few minutes visualizing yourself succeeding in each step of the sales process, until you’ve reached the goal.
7) “Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” – Og Mandino
This is another ode to the importance of learning from failure and rejection. There will always be something you can learn from every call, however small it is. Those lessons build up over time and make you better at sales.
8) “I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.” – Og Mandino
A powerful excerpt from Mandino’s The Greatest Salesman in the World.
No matter what struggles come your way, you will fight through them, and you will not succumb to the traps of self-pity and discouragement. You will be a lion among sheep, and you will make the sale.
9) “Always be closing. That doesn’t mean you’re always closing the deal, but it does mean that you need to be always closing on the next step in the process.” – Shane Gibson
Focus on moving the sale forward, even if the next step isn’t a sale. Leading the interaction is key, because stagnation will destroy your chances at making the sale. Think of it like you’re taking your prospects hand and leading the through the process.
10) “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar
Energy and attitude are so important in sales. How many boring, monotone salespeople do you see on infomercials? None, right? Have you ever bought something from somebody who bore you to tears? Probably not.
Take an extreme interest in your product or service, and discuss it like it’s the most exciting thing in the world. Let your energy be contagious.
Everyone has a favorite sales quote. Tell us yours in the comments below!