While good salespeople are highly motivated to begin with, it never hurts to have an extra dose of inspiration to start the day.
If you like giving speeches, you may be able to rally the troops yourself.
But whether or not you’re the public speaking type, it’s smart to have some motivational videos in your back pocket.
It’s also a nice habit to get your sales team into, so they can seek out other motivational sales videos, inspiring sales quotes, or podcasts that resonate with them.
With that, here are six motivational videos that will have your sales team ready to rock.
1. Always Be Closing from “Glengarry Glen Ross”
Perhaps the most classic sales speech of all time, this could get you excited about selling anything.
Alec Baldwin’s speech in “Glengarry Glen Ross” is about as direct and blunt as it gets. Break this one out whenever your team needs a hardnosed pep talk.
2. Kodak Carousel from “Mad Men”
Don Draper had plenty of unforgettable speeches over the course of “Mad Men.”
This speech, about the Kodak Carousel, perfectly describes creating an emotional connection between people and products. And emotions, after all, are how people make their buying decisions.
3. Denzel Washington’s Commencement Speech
Denzel Washington’s natural charisma makes him a magnetic presence on both the screen and in real life.
Here, in a University of Pennsylvania commencement speech, he tells graduates to “fall forward.” Using some brilliant examples, Denzel explains how failure is not something to fear. Rather, it’s something to embrace and rise from. There are few more valuable lessons for sales professionals.
4. Make Positivity Louder by Gary Vaynerchuk
One of the most valuable traits a salesperson can have is a positive mindset. Positivity impacts your willingness to learn, your ability to connect with others, and your ability to bounce back or push through adversity.
In this video, Gary Vaynerchuk delivers an inspirational (and sometimes direct) speech about quashing negativity and staying positive, no matter what.
5. 5 Steps to Reinvent Yourself by Dave Perrotta
Every salesperson, from the top performer to those with lower numbers, experiences plateaus. It’s that feeling where you think you’re stuck in one place, unable to move forward.
These five steps to reinvention by Dave Perrotta provide a simple, actionable template to improving any aspect of your life.
6. How Successful People Think, from Video Advice
This rousing video explains how successful people think and go after goals. Featuring stars like Serena Williams and Usain Bolt, the video shares simple concepts with far-reaching impact. It’s a short video that’s big on motivational content.
Wrapping Up 6 Motivational Videos to Kickstart Your Sales Team…
In just a few minutes, the right motivational video can have your sales team fired up for a great day. To recap, here are six of the best motivational videos to show your sales team:
- The Always Be Closing scene from “Glengarry Glen Ross” is equal parts funny, abrasive and motivational.
- Don Draper’s Kodak Carousel speech is a poignant look at the importance of emotion in sales.
- Denzel Washington explained how to use adversity to your advantage in his commencement speech.
- Gary Vee covers why positivity is so crucial in Make Positivity Louder.
- In 5 Steps to Reinvent Yourself, Dave Perrotta describes the best way to make a change in your life.
- “How Successful People Think” features peak athletes sharing what it takes to succeed – no matter what your goal.