Director of Marketing
PhoneBurner is an outbound sales acceleration suite that serves thousands of small-to-mid sized customers with our outbound Powerdialer, Email, SMS, and CRM tools.
The Director of Marketing role will (1) develop and optimize our marketing strategy, (2) lead our marketing team, (3) actively participate in executing our strategy, and (4) provide clear reporting to our executive leadership team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark in a growing, successful, privately-held software company.
This is a remote position, allowing you to work from your home office. Hours will be full-time, 40+ hrs a week during business hours.
Create & manage ROI-focused marketing strategies -
You should be capable of assessing PhoneBurner’s current marketing strategy and identifying areas for both improvement and further investment with a clear, goal-oriented approach that generates high quality demos and account sales at a clear ROI.
Manage the marketing team -
You will oversee our current marketing team that currently includes FTE roles in SEM, SEO, Content Marketing, and Design.
Actively participate in marketing execution -
You’re excited to “lead from the front”. Spot a problem with a landing page? Fix it! Think we should be expanding into a new channel? Build a prototype and validate your idea. Driven, motivated “doers” will flourish in this role.
Optimize campaigns ongoing -
You should have a strong enthusiasm for media and conversion rate optimization and rigorously test, measure, and improve campaigns.
Work closely with our Sales & Product leaders -
You will collaborate with our Sales & Product leaders to gain insight and ensure the departments are operating in sync.
Be unabashed in the depth of your tracking and reporting -
We deeply believe that “what you can measure you can manage”. We expect that you will help us to optimize AND expand our campaigns with a continual eye around clear, objective campaign reporting and profitability.
Education and experience:
- Proven marketing leadership in a direct response or SaaS organization
- Familiarity with marketing SaaS via direct response channels online and offline
- Skills and experience wielding SEM, SEO, Content, and Social Media Marketing
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Google Sheets experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices a plus
- Preference for candidates with prior SaaS ecosystem experience
- Competitive salary (base + commissions) with no commissions cap
- 401K through Guideline
- Training and professional development
- Accelerated career growth
- 100% remote autonomy - work from anywhere in the world
All applicants must have the following skills/traits:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Enjoys problem solving
- Ability to troubleshoot software / technical issues
- A strong desire to help customers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Self-motivated / self-starter
- Likes to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
Home office requirements:
- Dedicated space you can work without distraction
- High-speed internet
- Reliable and fast personal computer (Windows or Mac)
- Headset with good sound quality
As one of the top-rated and fastest-growing sales acceleration and “power dialing” solutions on the market, our software provides a low cost and effective solution for teams of all sizes across the United States and Canada.
Over the past decade we’ve served hundreds of thousands of customers and have 5-star reviews from 3rd party sites like Capterra and G2.
Over the past 4 years we’ve grown our team considerably to more than 50 full time professionals and run as a completely virtual company (even in non-pandemic times).
Our software solution offers our customers the ability to save hours of wasted time on tedious outbound sales tasks and drive more conversations and success. It is this mission that drives us.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com with the subject line: Director of Marketing mm/dd/yy (insert the date of submission).
- 1-page cover letter that explains why you are interested in this job, and why you would be a great candidate for this position in PDF format
- Your resume in PDF format
Thank you for your time and interest!